"de-winterizing" my RV. There are lots of big and small jobs to perform and most of them are pretty easy. Well, except for the cleaning. I hate cleaning. Even if it's easy it seems to take forever to finish. One of the things I do on a regular basis is check the water levels in my Lead-Acid batteries. I have two of them in a pull out drawer. If they need any distilled water added I usually use a funnel and a gallon jug of distilled water and pour away. The front battery cells are very easy to reach. The rear ones...not so much. Lots of spilling and water wasting. Until now!
When I used the funnel and gallon jug approach I often spilled distilled water while filling every cell. Since it was hard to control the amount AND the funnel blocked the opening I often found that I had overfilled the cell.Mainly because I couldn't see into it. That's not good. With this little gizmo, I get exactly the amount I need and because the nozzle is so small, I can see how much I put in at any given time. Today, I filled all 12 cells in under 2 minutes. It took longer to get to the batteries and remove the caps then it did to fill them up properly! Now that it is so easy, I'll probably check them more often. That could lead to longer lasting batteries. We all know how expensive they can get!
This will work on any Flooded (Wet) Cell Lead Acid battery. If it was designed to be filled/refilled with distilled water, this is the tool for the job! You could even use it to remove some liquid from overfilled cells. As usual, the simplest things can work miracles.
Be Seeing You...Down The Road,
Rich "The Wanderman"