Mold is gross. Mold plus dried brine with olive bits is nastier! Thankfully the shelves come apart relatively easily and can be cleaned outside. The door ... not so much. I really don't like touching nasty messes, and having rubber gloves would have been nice. Well, next time I'll have a set! I did have some antibacterial soap and some spray cleaner with hydrogen peroxide in it, so the mold is dead. I hope. Some of the dried-on bits were hard to get off, but I let them soak for a bit in the sun and they scrubbed off with a folded paper towel. Eventually all the shelves were clean. Back to the fridge door.
This was a bit more difficult as I couldn't use a hose to rinse off the cleaners and the nasty stuff. Plus, if I used a decent amount of cleaning solution, it would drip down the door onto the floor creating a puddle of indeterminate mix. I settled for a lot of paper towels folded and placed under the door. I sprayed down the door and tried to clean as much as possible before it dripped, but a lot of it had to soak before it would come off. I have to re-iterate ... this is NO fun!!
Well, I finally managed to get into all the nooks and crannies where I could see mold and/or other contaminants. Some places were so small I had to use a screwdriver wrapped in paper towel to get in and clean out the mess. After it was done I checked everything again to make sure there was no mold or other grossness left. If it's clean, it shouldn't grow back, hopefully.
There are cleaners on the market that purport to kill mold and clean it up easily. I didn't have any. Besides, the last time this happened, the mold didn't come back for over a year and a half. I'd call that a success!
Be Seeing You...Down The Road,
Rich "The Wanderman"